ACICV :: View topic - Anyone serve with the 1st MI Det in Vietnam?

Home 

Army Counter Intelligence Corps Veterans, Inc.

ACICV.ORG  
NetEz Weather Watch
Enter City & State or US Zip Code:
Army Counter Intelligence Corps Veterans, Inc.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone serve with the 1st MI Det in Vietnam?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenneth Minton
Bronze member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Anyone serve with the 1st MI Det in Vietnam? Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone served with the following units?
 1st MI Det, 1st Inf Div, Vietnam 69-70
 205th MI Det, Germany 71-75
 111th MI Group, South Carolina 70-71

Ken
dr.jim
New Here

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: 205 MI Detachmnet Reply with quote

I was in Frankfurt with you.  How are things?

Jim Scott
Kenneth Minton
Bronze member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: 205th MI Det Reply with quote

Jim,
     Were you with the 205th when Staufenberg, Rogers Walker, etc., were there?  That was a fun time.   I first served under LTC Weaver, who retired and went to work for Andrews Federal Credit Union and then worked for Maj Arehardt (not sure I spelled that right).  
      It's been about 35 years and it's hard to put a name with a face, but I do remember the name.   After I married, Elfie, who had relatives in the East, I put in an application for CID and was accepted.  
Ken
dr.jim
New Here

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Frankfurt Reply with quote

I was there with CPT/MAJ Pearson and MAJ/LTC Dus.
Kenneth Minton
Bronze member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Major Dus (later LTC Dus).  Also the 205th billets on Henry Budge Strasse.  Was the 1st Sergeant named Destremps?
zhukov41
New Here

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: 205th MI Det Reply with quote

Yes, I was there, and Ido remember you Ken.  I was an analyst in the G2 under Cpt Traficanti, Col Julian, LTC Durbin, SGM Howard.  The 205th LTC Dus and 1SG Destremps, then later came Maj. Weitzel and SGM Lamb.  Pretty good but strange times back then.  How are you?  Hope all is well.  Take care!
Kenneth Minton
Bronze member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I remember your name too.   And I remember Col Julian, who I believe replaced COL Murphy.   I also Maj Weitzel.   LTC Weaver was the CID chief when I arrived and Maj (p) Aerheart/Aerhardt I believe replaced him. Nice to hear from you.   Be safe.Ken
Blaine Hansen
New Here

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: I served in the 205th from April 1972 to August 1974 Reply with quote

I was an 96D - Imagery intrepretor stationed at the IG Farben building and remember Henry Bugge Strasse and Benito's Pizzaria.
Kenneth Minton
Bronze member

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Greetings Reply with quote

Blaine,
 I answered you direct, before I read your post.  Remember those places well.  When I returned as a CID agent in 1977, the 205th had already moved to Kennedy Kaserne and the CID office had moved to another building, which was just two or three buildings down on Henry Budge Strasse.  The old 205th parking lot/motor pool, was the CID parking lot/motor pool.  I also remember the good pizzas.
  Do you remember Jim Scott and zhukov who posted earlier?  That's four of us.  If we can get a few more we will have a nice bunch of ex-205 members back in contact. Very nice to hear from you.  Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ACICV Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Email

Services provided by
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP