ACICV :: View topic - FT HOLABIRD

Home 

Army Counter Intelligence Corps Veterans, Inc.

ACICV.ORG  
NetEz Weather Watch
Enter City & State or US Zip Code:
Army Counter Intelligence Corps Veterans, Inc.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FT HOLABIRD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozzie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: FT HOLABIRD Reply with quote

Here is a reminder for those who attended the courses at Holabird what it looked like years ago.  Of course now it is just an Industrial Site in Baltimore with only the Officers Club and swiming pool remaining which is occupied by the Vietnam Vets.  These pictures were taken by Gordon Hipko a member of the ACICV as well as the NCICA. Gordon was nice enough to let me copy them and put then on our web site. If you have any pictures of Ft Holabird that you would like posted, please send them to me.

Recognize Colgate Creek

The flag is missing from view

Street signs Counter & Intelligence

Students going to class

Rick

This is a shot of the library

The movie theater on the left

Shot of the Chapel

The inside of the Chapel

Here are some buildings in Holabird being passed by a 1951 (?) Ford.

Fort Holabird Honor Guard, Fall 1951, composed of students from classes B-115 and B-116 ( I think)..
Honor guard was used to greet VIPs at the Baltimore train station and at the fort's main gate.

Water tank at 704th CIC HQ in Pusan, Korea

S/A eating ice cream at UN POW Camp No. 1 on Koje-do Island, summer 1951

Detachment mascot Danny Yoon holding a mock wooden rifle manufactured by POWs in their compound  to be used in a planned escape attempt, which was foiled by alert GI guards.
kentset
New Here

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Historical Pictures of the Bird Reply with quote

Wow!  Those were great.  I was in school at Ft. Holabird in 1965 during the winter.  I especially remember the chapel, as I went to services there every Sunday.  I was trained as a 97D20, Intelligence Coordinator, which was a fancy name for a clerk, but I had an interesting tour.  I was assigned to the 902nd INTC Gp., and detailed to CI Branch, OACSI in the Pentagon.  I worked for some real interesting folks, Merril Kelly, Lt. Cols. Bill Brush, and McClanahan, Capt. Later Maj. Fritz Bugass.  My wife, Rio Mabrey Setty, worked in the Dir. of Security office, right behind our, which is how we met.  We worked on a lot of CI cases, which we were told we could not discuss.  Then one night I was reading a book, and there were all the cases we worked on, St. Johnson, Lt. Col. Whalen, Sgt. Safford and Harris, so now I can tell some stories.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ACICV Forum Index -> Activities All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Email

Services provided by
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP