ACICV :: View topic - Closing of Ft Holabird

Home 

Army Counter Intelligence Corps Veterans, Inc.

ACICV.ORG  
NetEz Weather Watch
Enter City & State or US Zip Code:
Army Counter Intelligence Corps Veterans, Inc.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Closing of Ft Holabird

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pfrgor
New Here

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Closing of Ft Holabird Reply with quote

Ozzie  -  I was one of a few Army Officers assigned at Ft Holabird when it closed.  We were assigned to the Defense Investigative Service across Colgate Creek in the former Intelligence Class room building.

Driving to work one morning in 1973 (?) I noticed there was new construction on the empty BOQ across from the closed Officers Club.  That BOQ was my temporary home several times in the past.  They were putting a high chain link fence around the building and a guard shack was at the gate.  Found out from the guard that they were housing Nixon's Staff and transporting them to Washington during the Congressional Hearing of Watergate.

As to the closing of Fort Holabird, there might have been a ceremony, but I know of no one who attended.  Just one day it was a military installation and the next day it was not.  A sad ending considering its history.

Perry F. Rosenbaum
Major, US Army
Military Intelligence, Retired
1956-1974
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ACICV Forum Index -> Activities All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Email

Services provided by
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP