ACICV :: View topic - Gulf Coast Chapter of ACICV

Home 

Army Counter Intelligence Corps Veterans, Inc.

ACICV.ORG  
NetEz Weather Watch
Enter City & State or US Zip Code:
Army Counter Intelligence Corps Veterans, Inc.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gulf Coast Chapter of ACICV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenneth Minton
Bronze member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Gulf Coast Chapter of ACICV Reply with quote

If any members of ACICV or  Army Counter Intelligence Corps veterans,
reside in Florida and are not currently a member of the Gulf Coast Chapter, or wish to be on the notification list for up-coming events, please contact me, either through the ACICV forum or direct by email, at kminton@tampabay.rr.com.  
Dick Snyder, our excellent chapter president, and I would like to keep the chapter going and in fact grow its size.  
I would like to make a special invitation to Vietnam era counterintelligence agents.  I know there are a lot of you out there, who served stateside, in Korea, Vietnam, Germany or other locations.  
Fraternally,
Ken Minton
Kenneth Minton
Bronze member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Gulf Coast Chapter Chrismas Party Reply with quote

All ACICV members and their guests are invited to attend the Gulf Coast Chapter's Christmas gathering.  It is at Ozzie's Buffet & Grill, 3074 East College Avenue (SR 674), Ruskin (convenient to I-75) at 1130, Saturdsay, December 11.  
RSVP Dick Snyder (813-634-4489) or me (813-634-4489) for further details or if you plan on attending.
Kenneth Minton
Bronze member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Dick Snyder (RIP) and Gulf Coast Chapter of ACICV Reply with quote

It was quite sad news this month to learn that Dick Snyder, one of the founders of both the national ACICV and the Gulf Coast Chapter passed away.  Many of you probably knew him much longer that I did, as I only
made his acquaintance about two years ago.  Dick was a real gentleman, helpful, and knowledgeable of history of the CIC.  
I hope the Gulf Coast Chapter will continue, as I know Dick would want
it to.
My sympathies to his family at his passing.
Kenneth Minton
Bronze member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Gulf Coast Chapter of ACICV Reply with quote

For Florida members of the ACICV or visitors to this site, who served in the Army in a Counterintelligence MOS, I'd like to bring you upto date.
    With Stan Solin and Ozzie Kinat helping me, we made an attempt to contact members or prospective members of the Gulf Coast Chapter.     Since the passing of Dick Snyder, the chapter has been dormant.  
    If there are enough people interest and able to attend, we would like to reactivate the chapter.  About a half-dozen folks have responded positively.  A couple of them are "snow-birds."  There are probably several others who haven't been contacted who would be interested.
    Rather than attempt a July or August re-organization meeting, I think it would be better to try in the late fall/early winter time-frame, when our
snow birds can participate.  If you haven't already contacted me and would like to try and attend a meeting of the Gulf Coast Chapter, please contact me either by email - kminton@tampabay.rr.com - or by posting a reply on this site - or by telephone - 813-671-7253.
   Fraternally and best wishes,
   Ken Minton
   CW3, USA (Ret.)
Kenneth Minton
Bronze member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Gulf Coast Chapter - ACICV, Inc. Reply with quote

Folks I would like to set up a meeting of the Gulf Coast Chapter of the ACICV, Inc.  As you know, since the passing of Dick Snyder, the chapter has went dormant.
If we can gather enough of the membership together, I'm willing to work with others to jump start the chapter.  Let me propose two dates in December and see if
either would work for you.  The dates are:

Saturday, December 10, 2011 and Saturday, December 17, 2011.  Besides the email addresses I've used in this email, I have a telephone numbers for Thara (not sure that is spelled right) and Ester.  If we can do the meeting, I will contact the buffet in Sun City Center, where the past several meetings were held and confirm we can reserve a room, for one of the Saturday mornings.

Let me know if either date works for you.  Also, I understand some folks are having health problems, so if you RSVP yes and you cannot attend that is understandable.  Or if you RSVP no, and your health improves sufficient to attend that is fantastic.  Also, if you know ACICV members who can attend or folks are eligible to join, please invite them.

If you can attend which date[s] work for you.

December 10:  I could attend.   ____________(number of members and guests)

December 17:  I could attend.   ____________(number of members and guests)

Fraternally,
Ken M.

Note:  My ACICV email block includes some members who do not live in Florida.  

For those of you who live in Florida and may be interested in participating in the Gulf Coast Chapter, I'm still planning on arranging a meeting around Nov-Dec time frame.  This will allow for a couple "snow-bird" members to participate.  So far there are about 8-10 members who will try and attend.  If you haven't done so already and you can participate, please shoot me an email or post a response on the site.  If I can get a couple more folks to commit, we will proceed with the chapter meeting.
Fraternally, Ken
Kenneth Minton
Bronze member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Luncheon/meeting Gulf Coast Chapter - December 17 Reply with quote

Ladies and gentleman,

I have made reservations for 1130 am to 1 pm, Saturday, December 17, 2011, at Ozzies Buffet, 3074 East College Avenue, Ruskin, FL.   The buffet is conveniently located to I-75.  Getting off I-75 at the Ruskin-Sun City-674 exit, go west towards Ruskin, about 1 block.  I've copied a link to the establishment:
http://www.ozziesbuffet.com/

To date, the following persons have indicated they could attend:

Ester Hindle (hope I have that name right), who will also contact Thara Allen.
Bob and Hazel Neveu
Garland and Janice Shaft (Who offered transportation for 2 or 3 other folks, if anyone is coming from "The Villages" area.)
Roger Carlson
Myself

Please try and get the word out to other ACICV  members. I estimated a dozen people, when I made the reservation.  We are up at least 8 at this time.

Fraternally,
Ken Minton, Ed. D
kminton@tampabay.rr.com
813-671-7253
Kenneth Minton
Bronze member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: New date for Gulf Coast Chapter Luncheon/Meeting Reply with quote

Because of some holiday travel conflicts, the meeting has been rescheduled to January 14, 2012.  Same location.  We can start gathering around 11:30 AM, with meeting/luncheon to occur from 12:00 to 1:00 PM.
Eleven ACICV members and guests have so far indicated they plan to attend.  Please shoot me an email if you would like to be added to the list of attendees.   kminton@tampabay.rr.com

Fraternally,
Ken M.
Kenneth Minton
Bronze member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Gulf Coast Chapter ACICV, Inc. luncheon/meeting 01/14/12 Reply with quote

Hope to see all those who can make it, at a meeting of the Gulf Coast Chapter ACICV, Inc.  It the first since the passing of Dick Snyder, who did so much for ACICV and the chapter.   We can start gathering at 11:30 AM, Saturday, January 14, 2012, at Ozzies Buffet, 3074 East College Avenue, Ruskin, FL.  The buffet is conveniently located off of I-75 at Ruskin-Sun City Center exit.  The meeting will begin about 12:00 PM and we will conclude the function about 1:00 PM.  Below is a link to Ozzies, including a map and directions:

http://www.ozziesbuffet.com/

The Gulf Coast Chapter of the ACICV, Inc, had a luncheon and meeting at Ozzies Buffet in Ruskin, FL, on January 14, 2012.  There were ten attendees.  Photographs were   taken and I believe Bob Hazel and perhaps one other attendee will forward the same.   We agreed to have another meeting the first part of November 2012.  Although we didn't elect new officers (and this is the first meeting since the death of Dick Snyder), we agreed to continue as a chapter.  I suppose I remain the "pro-tem" president/contact for the chapter.  I suspect we will need to get a few more members to stay active, but at least for now we are in existence.  One couple present, Ed & Rita Ward are potential new members of the ACICV, and he is trying to obtain a copy of his DD 214 to submit with his application.  

Over-all it was a pleasant meeting. We had a door prize.  A buffet meal.   Photographs.  We opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag.

Fraternally,

Ken M.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ACICV Forum Index -> Activities All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Email

Services provided by
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP