ACICV :: View topic - 66th Headquarters in Bad Cannstatt.

Home 

Army Counter Intelligence Corps Veterans, Inc.

ACICV.ORG  
NetEz Weather Watch
Enter City & State or US Zip Code:
Army Counter Intelligence Corps Veterans, Inc.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

66th Headquarters in Bad Cannstatt.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kycol
New Here

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: 66th Headquarters in Bad Cannstatt. Reply with quote

I was in the CIC in the 50s. Afer finishing studying Polish at the Language School. I was assigned to the liaison group in Offenbach Germany but after two weeks was reassigned to Bad Cannstatt to take a two months course in German. I am planning a trip back to Germany in the Spring and wanted to drive around Bad Cannstatt. I, however, got on the TripAdvisor Forum for Bad Cannstatt and I am very confused. Does anyone remember the name of the kasrene that house the headquarters?  The only article I have found says it was in the Wallace Barracks, but that is located across the river from Wilhelsplatz  in Bad Cannstatt and Wilhelmsplatz was about the only place we manged  to get to as we seldom left the kaserne due to the intensity of the course and needing to study.  I am sure we never crossed the river. I would appreciate any information anyone might have.
Ozzie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: 66th Headquarters in Bad Cannstatt. Reply with quote

Kycol wrote:
I was in the CIC in the 50s. Afer finishing studying Polish at the Language School. I was assigned to the liaison group in Offenbach Germany but after two weeks was reassigned to Bad Cannstatt to take a two months course in German. I am planning a trip back to Germany in the Spring and wanted to drive around Bad Cannstatt. I, however, got on the TripAdvisor Forum for Bad Cannstatt and I am very confused. Does anyone remember the name of the kasrene that house the headquarters?  The only article I have found says it was in the Wallace Barracks, but that is located across the river from Wilhelsplatz  in Bad Cannstatt and Wilhelmsplatz was about the only place we manged  to get to as we seldom left the kaserne due to the intensity of the course and needing to study.  I am sure we never crossed the river. I would appreciate any information anyone might have.

The 66th Hqs was located in the Reitter Kaserne to the best of my knowledge.
Ozzie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ACICV Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Email

Services provided by
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP