ACICV :: View topic - Question on History of CIC

Home 

Army Counter Intelligence Corps Veterans, Inc.

ACICV.ORG  
NetEz Weather Watch
Enter City & State or US Zip Code:
Army Counter Intelligence Corps Veterans, Inc.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question on History of CIC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elliemayr
New Here

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Question on History of CIC Reply with quote

Wink Hello...I just joined the group...my mother was a member of the CIC, the 430th to be exact and I am at present researching what she did and what her unit did.  I lots of pictures she brought back, most of with no writing.  Guess I am not sure where to start, but would appreciate any and all suggestions.  
rhwinter
New Here

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: 430th CIC Reply with quote

Hi Elliemayr,
as it seems, my father served for the 430th CIC in Linz/Oberösterreich too: From around 1946 until 1949, when he was abducted into soviet captivity. When did your mother serve with the 430th?
A book, I found very interesting, helpful and a good read was "America's Secret Army. The untold story of the Counter Intelligence Corps" by Ian Sayer and Douglas Botting (1989). A more "adventurous" approach to the topic, but first hand account, is "Soldiers, Spies and the Rat Line. America's Undeclared War Against the Soviets" by James V. Milano an Patrick Brogan (1995).
If you were interested to exchange (not so good) experiences at approaching intelligence history (secrets still tend to be kept in secrecy, no matter how old...) , contact me.
If your mother was Austrian, you should contact directly the Ludwig Boltzmann Institut für Kriegsfolgenforschung at Graz university: http://www.bik.ac.at/index.php
They know nearly everything about the intelligence history in post-war Austria, especially about the Austrian citizens involved (= they know how to uncover intelligence secrets).
Regards
Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ACICV Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Email

Services provided by
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP